Thursday, September 10, 2009

Which stitch to pick?

In a recent design, I came upon a problem that to me is not so bad to have. I began knitting the Picture Day Perfect Knit Vest with a vision in my head of what the finished outcome would be. Perfectly reasonable and, quite honestly, hard to not do. However, as I finished the front and then was well into the back I found that I was having a hard time deciding which was the right side (aka "RS" or the public side). By the time I finished and seamed together the front and the back I found myself in quite a conundrum...which is best? As you can see below they both look great. If you were 18 months old and your mom dressed you in this incredibly adorable (if I do say so myself) vest, what side would you want all your friends to see? Which do you think is "Picture Day Perfect"?

Option A: Horizontal Stockinette with
Reverse Stockinette Vertical Stripes

















or Option B: Horizontal Reverse Stockinette with Regular Stockinette Vertical Stripes




Leave a comment below and tell me your thoughts!

5 comments: